10618NAT - Course in Firearm Safety
This course provides a basic introduction to the firearms industry. The course includes essential skills, knowledge and attitudes to becoming a safe shooter. We also cover firearms legislation, licensing requirements, safe handling, safe storage and transport of firearms and ammunition.
Our focus is on providing you with the knowledge and skills required to be a safe shooter.
On successful completion of this course, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety (Approved for Firearms Licensing in Queensland). You will also receive a Statement of Attainment for the Category you wish to obtain
(ie. A&B, H, C, D, etc).
This course meets the training requirements to apply for a QLD Weapons Licence for the particular categories selected.
Certificates will be emailed to you.
In order to participate in this course, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Children of at least 11 years of age can use certain firearms with approved adult supervision under a minors licence. They must have written permission to attend the course
- Must not have any physical or other impairment which would prevent you from handling firearms safely – if unsure, seek advice from your GP or contact us to discuss suitability
- Must not have any criminal convictions (relating to drug use, violence or weapons) in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to a domestic violence order in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to an involuntary mental health order in the past five years
- Must have a USI (Unique Student Identifier) number. This can be obtained online at www.usi.gov.au
The course is delivered in 2 sections.
Section 1 - Students complete the theory component online in their own time (this component covers the Course in Firearm Safety and your chosen Category). This will include legislation, handling, transportation etc.
Section 2 - Range Day - students complete a theory revision and final exam with the instructor and then complete their live fire practice on an approved range. Our focus on this day is to ensure you can safely handle and use a firearm. This section will take approximately 3-4hrs.
All firearms and ammunition will be provided along with online access to complete section 1. Students are asked to please wear enclosed footwear and hearing protection on your range day. You will also need to provide your drivers licence.